Join 3-Time World Single Speed Cyclocross Champion Drew Mackenzie for a Cyclocross fundamental clinic and powered program
Date: September 29th, 2012
Location: TBD (Victoria BC)
- Clinic only- $50
- Powered Program only- $125
- Clinic and 7-week Powered Program- $150
Clinic Topics and Drills Include:
Bike Set-up Basics
- Equipment selection and set up.
- Understanding and selecting clincher and tubular tires, and the importance of tire pressure.
Bike Handling and Cornering
- Cornering is a crucial element in cyclocross racing.
- Shifting and braking, weight shifts/body positioning, line choice and techniques for tricky terrain and challenging conditions such as sand, off-cambers, steep drops, and sketchy turns on mud, snow, loose gravel, etc.
Dismounting and remounting skills
- Carrying and shouldering the bike.
- Techniques for barriers and stairs.
- Pre-race routines, race day nutrition and racing strategy,
- What to expect in your first season, keys to being prepared,
- Practice race starts and holding position.
- Clipping in, weighting, surface assessment for traction and other drills to develop cx skills.
Powered Program Details
- 7-week powered program designed and run by World Champion Drew Mackenzie
- Designed to take athletes through the provincial cyclocross championships and into the National Championships
- Training Peaks Account- An online service designed to make program delivery smooth and efficient
- Coach initiated communication weekly to review the upcoming week
- Membership in a private Facebook group which will become your team and your source of communication with coach Drew Mackenzie