Abduction means to move away from the center. Side leg raises involve more hip stabilizer muscles that are essential for good running form especially in the later stages of a race.
- Lying on side- legs straight down- one leg stacked on top of the other
- Lift the top leg up as high as you can without compromising your pelvic position
- Slowly lower back down to starting position
- Make sure your foot does not roll up (toes pointing up). Keep your toes pointing straight out in front of your body
- Roll over and repeat on the other side
Posted in: Strength and Core