The North Island Cycling Squad
The North Island Cycling Squad with Mical Dyck offers professional coaching, programming and in person training in the Comox Valley.
Mical’s expertise spans all cycling disciplines from the road to cyclocross to mountain biking. Her knowledge and experience in all three disciplines is exemplary.
$219/month with a one time start up fee of $200 plus applicable taxes
*The weekly in person group session is an extra $50/month plus applicable taxes
- Comprehensive athlete intake to establish goals, weekly life schedule, equipment and other essential information
- Program is customized around the athletes workable schedule
- Swag Bag
- Final Surge/Training Peaks Account
- Weekly Online log book and power files examined
- Weekly Program changes, questions and concerns addressed
- Race planning, strategies & analysis
- Comprehensive nutrition strategy for racing and training if requested by athlete
- Fully integrated strength program (when appropriate or required)
Coach Mical Dyck
Mical Dyck has vast experience in both mountain biking and cyclocross, representing Canada at numerous World Championships throughout her career. Mical currently races for local builder Sam Whittingham of Naked Factory Racing for cyclocross and for Juliana Bicycles for mountain bike. Mical started her career with Olympic distance mountain biking nearly 20 years ago. Evolving into marathon racing and stage racing, and focusing the last eight years on cyclocross.
Although she hasn’t been able to kick her competitive streak, Mical has taken a big step back from world racing and is really excited to just ride and race locally. She has been mentoring with the Ride Like a Girl program for 3 years and is really excited to share her knowledge and experience.
Fitness Theory and Exercise Physiology
Weight Training Instructor
NCCP triathalon community coach
Represented Canada at 3 MTB XC World Championships
Represented Canada at 5 CX World Championships
4 X podium at MTB Nationals
2 X Canadian CX National Champion
6 X podium at CX Nationals
2 X Single Speed CX World Champion
3 X Canada Cup Series Champion
5 X Transrockies Champion
2 X podium at BCBR, 1 X Transylvania Epic, 1 X TransBC Enduro, 1 X Singletrack6
3 X Nimby 50 Champion