With the warmer weather finally upon us in Vancouver, riding outside without multiple layers is an option again. Thank Goodness! When I look at this picture, I realize that packing my jersey for a long ride can be similar to packing for an adventure. Regardless of how long I’m going for, the contents typically do not change, however the volume may (ie. MORE shot blocks + dollar bills!).
What I bring along for the ride:
• Cliff Bar shot blocks – cranrazz + mountain berry are my fav flavours.
• Prima Bar – ginger + pistachio is my fav mid ride…I’d like to think the ginger cleanses my palate.
• Gu gels – it begins with vanilla, I carry a peanut butter gel for a mid ride treat and I save my espresso for the final kick home!
• Small baggie of salt pills – don’t leave home without ‘em.
• 30 spf banana boat wide spray sunscreen – note: this is not something I usually bring along, however, when the Kona sun was blazin’ it was the only option!
• Hand pump/ spare tube (I hadn’t been to the bike shop yet to pick up C02 cartridges.)
• B78 jersey bin: credit card, ID, $20 bill, phone
• Sun Bum lip balm cause it’s spf + coconut flavoured. (It’s the athletes version of red lipstick!)
What am I missing? Leave a comment below and the best answer will receive a special “jersey pack”! Bring on the sunshine…it’s time to ride outside.